CO-OP Restaurant & Bar, an open air-restaurant at the crossroads of University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University at 33rd and Chestnut sts., celebrates the heritage and flavors of the mid-Atlantic region through seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients and regional cooking techniques.
Just ahead of the summer solstice, Executive Chef Kyle Berman is leaning in to his favorite seasonal produce with an all-new “Taste of Summer” Series, celebrating three beloved warm weather staples: corn, blueberries and tomatoes.
Each month will feature three specials showcasing the star ingredient in various forms. For the remainder of June, guests will enjoy three dishes featuring corn sourced from Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-op such as a Crab and Corn Crepe and Corn Tortellini en Brodo; July will boast blueberry specials including Sweet Amalia Oysters with a blueberry granita and Grilled Grouper with a blueberry agrodolce; and August, peak tomato season, will boast three tomato specials including an Heirloom Tomato Toast and Fried Green Tomatoes.
The feature dishes will be available every night during dinner service, 4-10 pm, in addition to the regular menu.
Corn — June
- Local Crab and Corn Crepe ($15)- pickled watermelon, charred corn, aromatic crab sauce
- Corn Tortellini en Brodo ($24) – pancetta, basil, pine nut
- Corn Hoe Cakes ($12) – charred spring onion aioli, chowchow
Blueberries — July
- Sweet Amalia Oysters- lemon, verbena, blueberry granita
- Grilled Grouper – caramelized vichyssoise, melted leeks, blueberry agrodolce
- Blueberry Tart – mascarpone, lemon
Tomato — August
- Heirloom Tomato Toast – sourdough, goat cheese, pine nuts, basil, balsamic
- Fried Green Tomatoes- buratta, pine nut, golden tomato purée, mache
- Spaghetti Arrabbiata- local crab, cherry tomato, spicy tomato sauce, Parmesan
If you like what I do, throw me a coffee or a stiff drink!
I’m a *REAL* person and your support means the world to me!
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.