Not to be outdone by McDonald’s all day breakfast announcement, Whetstone Tavern announces they will be offering daily brunch service at the Queen Village restaurant.
On Thursday, September 3, Whetstone Tavern (700 South 5th Street), the casual neighborhood spot serving upscale American comfort food, will begin Daily Brunch Service. Brunch will be served from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Monday through Friday; and from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Restaurateurs Doug and Kelly Hager, along with Chef-Owner Jeremy Nolen, opened Whetstone Tavern on July 15.
- Whetstone Specialties, all served with choice of country white or whole grain toast:
- Duck Confit Hash, shredded duck confit, with duck fat fried fingerling potatoes, shallots and two poached eggs
- Carolina Shrimp and Grits, shrimp sautéed with shallots, peppers and ham, served over cheesy grits and topped with a poached egg
- Huevos Rancheros, two corn tortillas topped with fried eggs, roasted tomato-chile sauce, refried beans and cheese
- Highlighted dishes from American Classics:
- Classic Eggs Benedict, English muffin topped with Canadian bacon, poached egg and Hollandaise sauce
- Creamed Chipped Beef, cured and smoked beef eye round from Green Meadow Farm with béchamel sauce, shallots, parsley and crispy onions served over toast
- Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes, three sourdough-battered pancakes stacked high, with pure Pennsylvania maple syrup
- Banana Bread French Toast, homemade banana bread, with vanilla batter and maple syrup
- Sides of Bacon or Sausage, as well as Scrapple or Canadian Bacon from Green Meadow Farm, are available for an additional $4
- Signature Dad’s Burger, featuring La Frieda blend, Cooper sharp, iceberg lettuce slaw, heirloom tomato, diced onion and pickles on a Martin’s potato roll, available as single ($9) or double ($12)
- Other featured sandwiches will include: Roast Beef, Crab Cake, Smoked Turkey, BLT and Vegetarian Mushroom Burger
- Salads and Appetizers: Whetstone Salad, Caesar Salad, Thai Chicken Salad, Chicken Wings
- Side items: Hash Browns, Fresh Cut Fries, Steel Cut Oatmeal, Cheesy Grits (made with grits from Castle Valley Mill in Bucks County)
- Whetstone Tavern will also stock a full bar with boozy Brunchy Drinks:
- Harvey Wallbanger, with vodka, orange, Galliano
- Corpse Reviver #2, with gin, Cointreau, Lillet, lemon, Pernod
- Brandy Punch, with brandy, lemon, orange, port
- Rhymes With, Campari, orange bitters, sparkling wine
Sign us up!
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.