Inspired by purchases from Clark Park Farmer’s Market, Kate made us another phenomenal meal tonight. It was so delicious, I ate until it felt my stomach was going to explode! 😉 Between last night’s grilled lamb dinner and tonight’s dinner – I am feeling rather spoiled and happily sated.
I’d like to share the recipe and a picture with you all. Honestly, you must try this for yourself. You’ll thank me!
Note: as always measurements are approximate Please use your best culinary judgment and adjust to your taste when preparing this recipe.
Rigatoni with Hot Italian Turkey Sausage, Swiss Chard, and Goat Cheese
Hot Italian Turkey Sausage
Extra virgin olive oil
Medium white onion
1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
Several leaves of fresh sage (chiffonade)
Bunch of swiss chard (cleaned and stalks removed of course)
Fresh ground pepper
Cabernet Sauvignon (red wine)
1/2 can tomato paste
1/2 cup pasta water
1 box Rigatoni
Crumbled plain goat cheese (chevre)
1. Brown sausage in small amount of olive oil in skillet.
2. Remove browned sausage from skillet.
3. Saute diced onion and mushrooms in skillet. Add sage chiffonade. Add swiss chard. Cook until ingredients are softened.
4. Season with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
5. Add Cabernet Sauvignon, balsamic vinegar, and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Simmer until slightly thickened. Add pasta water to thin out sauce.
6. Cook rigatoni according to package.
7. Add browned sausage to veggie/sauce mixture. Cook on medium while pasta is cooking.
8. When pasta is cooked, add to sausage mixture, and warm through.
9. SERVE & ENJOY!
We recommend adding crumbled goat cheese after you have plated the dish. It will melt and add creaminess to the decadent sauce.
This dish gets 5 NOMS easily.
Gastronomic Hedonist, Tiki Lifestyle Dreamer, Digital Marketing Professional, Former Nightclub DJ, Happy Homemaker Wannabe, Cat Mommy, etc.