I have left this blog stagnant for too long! It’s about time I post my fab Moroccan Stew recipe – since I made it again this evening! Kate agrees it is NOMMY.
Marilyn’s Moroccan Stew
Extra virgin olive oil
Sweet Italian Pork Sausage (or whichever type of sausage you prefer)
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 medium red onion (you may use yellow, spanish, or whatever onion you desire)
1 large sweet potato
1 can Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1 cup chicken broth (use whatever broth you prefer)
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1 cup whole wheat couscous (use regular or flavored if you prefer)
Golden raisins (sultanas)
Note: You may wish to add garlic and fresh tomatoes to this recipe. I do not add garlic due to my mild garlic allergy. I have tried it with fresh diced tomatoes before and it was good, but it’s already a hearty dish, and I’d rather not have to pop 5 antacids before eating this meal. 😉
1. Cut up sausage into bite-sized chunks. Brown in large frying pan or skillet in extra virgin olive oil. Remove from pan.
2. Add diced onion, bell peppers, and sweet potatoes to pan. Saute on medium heat until tender.
3. Add Garbanzo beans.
4. Add chicken broth.
5. Add spices.
6. Cook for 5 minutes or so.
6. Add sausage to the mix.
7. Simmer for 10 minutes or so.
8. In separate pot, prepare couscous.
Bring 1 cup of chicken broth, salted, to a boil. Add 1 cup of couscous. Turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes or until couscous is cooked. Fluff with fork. Add 1 pat of butter, tad of honey, and golden raisins. Mix.
9. Stir couscous into sausage/veggie mixture. Turn off heat.
10. Let sit for 5 minutes or so to allow for couscous to absorb the goodness from sausage/veggie mixture.
11. SERVE & ENJOY!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you fare and if you made any edits to it.
Gastronomic Hedonist, Tiki Lifestyle Dreamer, Digital Marketing Professional, Former Nightclub DJ, Happy Homemaker Wannabe, Cat Mommy, etc.