The Dutchess, Chef Lee Styer’s brand-new fast casual concept nestled in the Pennsport neighborhood of South Philadelphia, is set to open its doors at 1527 S. Fourth Street on Wednesday, June 8, boasting a rotating menu of breakfast sandwiches and coffee by day, and burgers, falafel flatbreads, salads, chicken sandwiches, and house-made artisan ice cream by evening, available Wednesday through Sunday from 10am – 8pm.
Husband-and-wife duo Chef Lee Styer and Pastry Chef Jessie Prawlucki-Styer, along with partner Chef Kevin Watters, are continuing a tradition of serving locals and visitors alike with the launch of The Dutchess, in addition to über-popular sister restaurant The Dutch on East Passyunk Avenue which has been at the forefront of the Philadelphia brunch scene since April 2016. The Dutch moved to 11th and Tasker in March of this year, with the intent of creating a more casual concept with counter service, grab-and-go meals, and takeaway service – hence the birth of The Dutchess.
“We’re exceedingly excited to return to the original location of The Dutch with a new, tweaked concept, The Dutchess,” said Chef Lee Styer. “We’re thrilled to bring house-made ice cream, burgers, sandwiches, and more to the community of Pennsport.”
Highlights from the all-new menu at The Dutchess include the following:
– Breakfast Burger: Bacon, Dippy Egg, Lettuce, Tomato, Special Sauce
– Double Cheeseburger: American Cheese, Special Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Brioche Bun
– Falafel Flatbread: Grilled Sourdough, Tomato Cucumber Salad, Tahini Sauce
– Crispy Fried Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Buttermilk – Redhot Marinated Chicken, Spicy Breading, Lettuce, Celery, Tomato, Blue Cheese Sauce, Brioche Bun
– House-made Ice Cream: Choice of Malted Milk Chocolate and Salted Caramel (served in a single-serving cup, semifreddo-style)
Starting on Wednesday, June 8, The Dutchess located at 1527 S. Fourth Street will operate Wednesday through Sunday from 10am – 8pm with dine-in, outdoor seating, and takeaway available. Imbiber’s can look forward to weekly craft beer pop-ups in the weeks ahead.
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.