Did you know that it was National Root Beer Float Day last Friday? I have to admit, that food holiday fell off my radar. But my new friends at Virgil’s Handcrafted Root Beer reminded me by sending me some samples of the regular root beer and zero calorie/zero sugar version so that I can enjoy a classic root beer float! I felt good about drinking Virgil’s because every ingredient is all-natural – which means no preservatives, no aspartame and no artificial colors.
I’m happy to share the root beer float inspiration with you! This refreshing summer sip couldn’t be easier.
Virgil’s Classic Root Beer Float
· Virgil’s Handcrafted Root Beer (or Zero-Sugar Root Beer)
· Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Get a nice tall glass (preferably a mighty mug!)
2. Drop one scoop of vanilla ice cream into the bottom of the glass
3. Pour Virgil’s root beer over the scoop until it fills up about halfway
4. Drop another scoop of vanilla ice cream into the mix
5. Fill to the top of the glass with Virgil’s!
6. Grab spoon and experiment with your preferred balance of ice cream and root beer in each bite
Classic comfort in a glass! Do you love root beer floats? Let me know in the comments.
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.