In support of the Philadelphia restaurant working community, US Foods and Caring for Friends are supplying 10,000 prepared meals along with 1000 boxes of shelf-stable groceries for idled restaurant workers at this challenging time. You may recall the Serve Better relief efforts early on in the pandemic, but this time they are increasing the number of food packages and committed to reaching a larger demographic.
“We’re hoping to reach more people with this effort,” Bob Reusche, Business Development Manager, National Sales, at US Foods told Philly Grub. “We’re especially hoping to reach more people of color and immigrants with help from organizations as Everybody Eats and Esperanza, two very important organizations that help fight food insecurity in the community.”
Through a generous donation from US Foods, 1000 boxes, each containing 10 frozen meal servings, will be distributed at partner sites throughout Philadelphia on January 30. Additionally, Caring for Friends is providing a supplement of 1000 boxes of shelf-stable groceries to be included with the meal distribution. Which means each worker will receive two boxes of food.
They are asking restaurants with unemployed workers to use this sign up form to receive the donated food. All information will be kept confidential. Details are below:
Pick up time: Saturday January 30 from 12-2 pm
Pick Up Sites:
• Craft Hall 901 – North Delaware Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19123
• Brulee Catering – 1406 S. Front St Philadelphia, PA 19147
• Maggie’s Waterfront Café – 9242 N. Delaware Ave Philadelphia, PA 19114
• Tierra Colombiana Restaurant – 4535 N. 5th St Philadelphia, PA 19140
• Jezabel’s Argentine Bakery & BYO – 206-208 S. 45th St Philadelphia, PA 19104
• Honeygrow Test Kitchen – 1601 N. Front St Philadelphia, PA 19122
• Le Virtu – 1927 E. Passyunk Ave Philadelphia, PA 19148
• South Philly Barbacoa – 1140 S. 9th St Philadelphia, PA 19147
• Down North Pizza – 2804 W. Lehigh Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19132