Taproom on 19th celebrates its second anniversary with a full day celebration of brews, barbecue and live music.
This Saturday, November 7, 2015, from 1:00pm to 11:00pm, owners Michael Strauss and Pete Fry will host the “Two Year Anniversary Block Party” featuring a chef pop-up with Pigheaded BBQ, performance by the Gin Canaries, tap-takeover with Bella Vista Beer Distributor, and a special cocktail designed by Lê HopSing from Hop Sing Laundromat. A large heated tent will take up the 1900 block of Ritner, making the event rain or shine. Admission is free. All food and drink are pay-as-you-go. Guests must be 21 or older to drink.
Two years ago, on November 8, 2013, current owners Michael Strauss and Pete Fry took over ownership of Taproom on 19th (2400 S. 19th, Philadelphia) and revamped the South Philadelphia staple into a top destination for local and seasonal upscale pub fare, 14 rotating taps of craft beer (including a cask engine), a classic cocktail menu, a knowledgeable staff and a warm vibe.
Taproom’s Anniversary specials by Executive Chef Speero will be led by this year’s “Anniversary Burger” – 1/4 lb Lafrieda Brisket Burger, Pretzel Bun, Shaved Steak, Tomato, Fried Onions, Special Sauce, Cheese, Fried Pork Roll.
The national barbecue competition team Pigheaded BBQ will pop-up in the kitchen with:
- BBQ Fatties – House-rolled sausage stuffed with bacon and mac-n-cheese, coated in barbecue rub and smoked with peach wood for 2.5 hours
- Hog Chips – Kettle cooked potato crisps smothered in slow-smoked barbecue pulled pork, topped with brisket and pork studded baked beans, slathered in cheese sauce and dressed with barbecue sauce, sour cream and jalapenos
- Brisket – Full packer cut brisket, rubbed with salt and pepper, smoked low and slow using peach wood for 12 hours, sliced to order
Taps during the anniversary event will be taken over by Bella Vista Beer Distributor’s Jason A Miller. The night’s selection will feature:
- Against the Grain Red Sonja
- Alesmith Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout
- Almanac Farmer’s Reserve Pluot
- Almanac Golden Gate Gose
- Ballast Point Indra Kunindra
- Boulder Shake Chocolate Porter (nitro)
- Bullfrog Jong Bruin Cafe
- Cigar City Jai Alai
- Duclaw Devil’s Milk (2014)
- Evil Twin Imperial Donut
- Half Acre Pony Pils
- Heretic Shallow Grave
- Hill Farmstead Legitimacy
- Hill Farmstead Society & Solitude #5
- Ilkly Siberia Rhubarb Saison
- Neshaminy Creek Shape of Hops (custom firkin!)
- Omnipollo Table Beer
Lê HopSing from Hop Sing Laundromat has agreed to design a special anniversary cocktail that will also make its debut on Saturday during the festivities.
The Gin Canaries will perform from 7:00pm to 11:00pm with a full set of jazz age and American songbook. The concert is free.
All food and drink are pay as you go. Guests must be 21 or older to drink (with identification). For more information, visit www.taproomon19th.com, call 267-687-7817 or follow @TaproomOn19th.
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.