The Philadelphia Festival of Food, Wine and Spirits will be held Friday, October 21 – Sunday October 23, 2011 at the Valley Forge Convention Center. This is a very exciting event for our area and I’m hoping to attend at least one of the days.
Alouette Cheese (based nearby in New Holland, PA) will be providing samples at this year’s event. Visitors to the wine-tasting area can savor Alouette’s Bries, Spreadables and Crumbles while sipping on fine international wines. Alouette Corporate Chef Gable will be present to help educate attendees on which cheeses pair well with particular wines. He will also hold a chef demonstration to share simple ways to make favorite dishes.
They’ve provided me with this great appetizer recipe that I hope to try soon!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 Alouette® Garlic and Herb Brie wedge
2 sliced wild mushrooms
2 Tbsp. panko
½ tsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. chopped parsley
1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place Alouette® Garlic and Herb Brie Wedge on a flat surface.
- Using a wire cheese slicer to remove top rind.
- Sauté the wild mushrooms and arrange the mushrooms on the top of the Alouette® Garlic and Herb Brie Wedge.
- Mix the panko, chopped parsley, garlic and olive oil.
- Top prepared Alouette® Garlic and Herb Brie Wedge with the panko mixture.
- Bake in oven for 6-8 minutes until bread crumbs are crisp.
- Remove from oven and place on cutting board to rest for five minute. Serve with your favorite breads or crackers.
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.