East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District announces the return of Up on a Roof – The Chefs of Passyunk at Bok Bar on Monday, September 18, 2017, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Twenty chefs and restaurateurs from Philadelphia’s restaurant row will celebrate the neighborhood’s thriving culinary scene with a cocktail party and benefit on top of Bok Bar (800 Mifflin Street) in the former Bok Technical High School. Guests will enjoy one of the city’s most picturesque views while enjoying cuisine from top chefs like Nicholas Elmi, Joncarl Lachman, Todd Wentz, Chris Kearse, Lee Styer, Lynn Rinaldi and others. New restaurants participating in this second year event include Barcelona, Capogiro, Plenty Cafe and P’unk Burger.
Tickets are $40 and available at bit.ly/passyunkboktickets.
Proceeds benefit programs and initiatives by EPABID, including supporting the East Passyunk restaurant valet program. Rain date is scheduled for Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
With Up on a Roof, East Passyunk’s award-winning cuisine is paired with Bok cocktails for an unforgettable night that is up close and personal with some of the region’s biggest chefs.
The full list of participating restaurants and chefs for 2017 include:
- Barcelona – Pulpo (octopus)
- Bing Bing Dim Sum – Crispy lamb eggroll with sesame chimi churri
- Brigantessa/Le Virtu – Eggplant “meatballs”
- Cantina los Caballitos – Seitan Anticucho (vegan, agave, sesame seeds, chimichurri sauce, jalapeno aioli) and Empanadas (chicken achiote, cheese, chipotle sour cream)
- Capogiro – Gelato con brioche with a selection of different gelato flavors
- Fond – Shrimp ceviche, avodcado Serrano chilli, heirloom tomato
- Izumi – Maki
- Laurel – Chicken liver tart with blackberry and pecan
- Mamma Maria Ristorante – Pasta with chicken and spinach
- NOIR – Arancini balls
- Noord – House smoked salmon with pickles and remoulade
- P’unk Burger – Chimichurri beef slider with smoked gouda cheese
- Paradiso – Shrimp, calamari and gregola sarda
- Perla – Chilled clam with broth espuma, corn and micro celery
- Plenty Cafe – Mushroom Pâté toast – Pickled mustard seeds, arugula, red onion, levain bread
- Sate Kampar – Achat pickles
- Townsend – Roasted stuffed pig
- Tre Scalini – Shrimp and white bean and greens salad in dressing
- Vanilya – Stuffed bagel bites
- Will BYOB – Escargot and miatake mushroom daube
While wining and dining on the Bok roof, guests will also be able buy raffle tickets to win prizes from shops on the Avenue, buy drinks at the cash bar, and enjoy music from DJ Christophonic.
Raffle prizes include certificates, gift cards and donations from A Man’s Image, Analog Watch Company, A Star is Born, Bianca Simone,Carolyn Verdi Boutique, Escape the 80’s, Favors and Flavors, Haberdasher, Halo Hair Philly, Headhunters Hair Salon, Lucidi Salon, Lume Creative Learning Studio, Manatawny Still Works, Meister’s Barbershop, Metro Men’s Clothing, Mia Philadelphia, Miss Demeanor, N.R.S. Boutique, Nice Things Handmade, Philadelphia Scooters, Pollyodd, Sermania Jewelry, South Fellini, South Philadelphia Community Acupuncture, Stargazing, The Bottle Shop, Tildie’s Toy Box, Today’s Style, Urban Jungle, Vin Cafe, Vivi Nail Salon, and Wake Up Yoga.
Tickets are on sale now for $40 each at www.visiteastpassyunk.com. Proceeds from this special benefit support the community and business programs and activities of EPABID. Event is 21 and over only, with valid identification required.
In case of inclement weather, the rain date for the event is Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.