On Tuesday, December 15, Herban Quality Eats will open in University City at 3601 Market Street. To celebrate the opening, the first 101 guests will be treated to a free lunch. Doors open at 11:30 a.m.
Philly’s newest fast casual eatery, Herban Quality Eats will focus on wholesome ingredients, bold, flavorful herbs and spices to create simple home style dishes.
Customers will be able to build-their-own home style platter starting with a base, adding a protein, then a sauce.
Bases to choose from are:
- Himalayan red rice
- Seasoned kale
- Chilled whole wheat peanut noodles
- Jerk-marinated grilled chicken
- “Backyard steak” flavored with a house spice rub
- Grilled salmon topped with house pesto sauce
- “The Vegan Jawn”, which is a mix of lentils, quinoa, and sweet potatoes baked into protein-packed balls
Available sauces are:
- Herbed tomato
- Walnut coriander
- Herban hot sauce
- Thai peanut
Then, finish the plate by choosing two sides like:
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Quinoa ‘n cheese
- Sweet potato mash
Two salads are also available:
- The Montego with organic baby spinach, avocado, plantain chips, fresh pineapple, and jalapeno-lime vinaigrette
- The Spruce with organic kale, feta cheese, pear, pecans, dried cranberries, and balsamic-ginger vinaigrette
Throughout December, they will be open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. In 2016 they plan on extended their hours.