New England By Way of Philadelphia?
If you’re a fan of clambakes, you’ll be happy to hear that New England-style clambakes and other seafood-centered dinners are popping up in Philly. Clambakes are chock-full of delicious steamed lobsters, clams, shrimp, and sometimes other seafood like crabs, mussels and oysters. Sausage, corn and potatoes often accompany an official clambake meal. The sides for a seafood boil are often the same, but can vary. Here are three upcoming seafood-loving events in Philadelphia you won’t want to miss!
Brick & Mortar Clambake
Thursday August 27
The Olde Bar Clambake Brunch
Sunday August 30
Varga Bar Crab Boil
Friday August 28, Saturday August 29 and Sunday August 30
Can’t make it to either of these special seafood celebrations? Never fear, there are other restaurants in the Philadelphia area where you can experience a clambake or large boiled seafood dinner with all the delicious trimmings. Tax, drinks and gratuity are extra unless otherwise noted.
- “Dump Dinner” at the Oyster House, 1516 Sansom St, Center City Philly: http://www.oysterhousephilly.com/dump-dinner.html
- “The Whitpain Tavern Clambake” at The Whitpain Tavern, 1529 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA: http://www.tavernatwhitpain.com/#!specials/c1nrl (just $19.99/person!)
- “Crabby Buckets” at Crabby’s Cafe and Sports Bar, 1050 N. Hancock Street, Northern Liberties: http://www.crabbycafebar.com/menu.php
- “The Bean Town Bake” at Joe’s Crab Shack (locations in King of Prussia, Bala Cynwyd, Deptford NJ and Wilmington DE): http://www.joescrabshack.com/menu/food/steampots
- (Not Quite Clambake Honorable Mention) “AYCE Seafood” at King’s Oak, 1023 Germantown Avenue, Northern Liberties: http://kingsoaklane.com/site/weekly-specials/
If you go to ANY of these clambakes or seafood dinners, we want to see pictures!!