Töska Restaurant & Brewery, located at 7136 Germantown Ave, is now open with an Albanian-American inspired menu featuring wood fired pizza and house-made beers.
Töska is the latest concept from the team behind M2O Burgers, and the first of its kind in the area. Owners and brothers Jim, Leo, and Pep Osmanollaj’s family came to the United States in 2000 following the Kosovo War of 1999, and discovered that there are no restaurants in the Philadelphia area that include their Albanian culture, something they wanted to change.
“We want this to be a culture experience” said the Osmanollaj brothers. “We took inspiration from Albania and where we grew up and incorporated it into everything here, from the artwork on the walls to the lighting and the name Töska itself, which is an Albanian dialect.”
The menu is as follow:
· Wood Fired Wings (Dry Rub, House Hot Sauce): $16
· Bang Bang Shrimp (Slaw Mix, Siracha Aioli): $16 *Spicy*
· Jumbo Tenders (12 hour brine, House Sauce): $14
· Bavarian Pretzel (House IPA cheese sauce): $12 *Vegetarian*
· Cauliflower Wings (Tempura Batter, Pickle, Ranch Aioli): $15 *Vegetarian*
· Corn Ribs (Char Grilled, Lime Crema): $14
· Fried Cheese Curds (Comeback Sauce): $15
· Short Rib Poutine (Hand Cut Fries, Curd, Caramelized Onions, Demi Glace): $16
· Mac N Cheese (Smoked Gouda, Reggiano, Truffle Parm Crumb): $12 *Vegetarian*
· Hand- Cut Fries (Malt Vinegar Aioli): $6 *Vegetarian*
Between The Bread: Served with Hand-Cut Fries
· Töska Burger (Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Thick Slab Bacon, House IPA Beer Cheese Sauce, Comeback Sauce, Farmhouse Bun): $18
· Beyond Burger (Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Vegan Cheese, Ketchup, Pretzel Bun): $18 *Vegetarian*
· Fried Chicken (12 Hour Brine, Butter Pickle, House Slaw, Hot Honey, Farmhouse bun): $17
· Korean BBQ Short Rib
(House Beer Braised, Slaw, Farmhouse Bun): $19 *Spicy*
· Filet Cheesesteak (Filet Mignon, Caramelized Onion, House Whiz, Long Roll): $18
Wood Fired Pizza: Gluten- Free Crust Available (+$3)
· The Motherland (Sujuk, San Marzano Tomato, Saputo Gold Mozzarella, Carnalized Onion, Fig Balsamic Glaze): $21
· The Classic (San Marzano Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil., Extra Virgin Oil): $14
· Cheese (San Marzano Tomato, Saputo Gold Mozzarella, Extra Virgin Oil): $13
· Hot Roni (San Marzano Tomato, Cup N Char Roni, Saputo Gold Mozzarella, Shishito Peppers, Hot Honey): $17 *Spicy*
· Korean BBQ (Korean BBQ, Cheddar & Smoked Gouda Short Rib, Caramelized Onion, Cilantro, Chili Crisp): $18 *Spicy*
· Fried Chicken (San Marzano Tomato, Saputo Gold Mozzarella House Brined Fried Chicken, Nashville Hot Sauce): $17 *Spicy*
· Shroom (House White Sauce, Saputo Gold Mozzarella, Wild Mushroom Blend, Caramelized Onions, Tarragon, Truffle Oil): $17
· The Veg (San Marzano Tomato, Mushrooms, Saputo Gold Mozzarella, Cherry Tomatoes, Asparagus, Caramelized Onions, Fresh Bail, Extra Virgin Oil, Fig Balsamic Glaze): $17
From The Garden:
· Wild Mushroom Blend (Fire Roasted, Maldon Salt): $13 *Vegetarian*
· Asparagus (Fire Roasted, Shaved Lemon, Smoked Salt): $12 *Vegetarian*
· Carrots (Maple Glazed, Chili Crisp): $12 *Vegetarian*
· Long Hots (Fire Roasted, Roasted Garlic, Crumbled Sausage, San Marzano Sauce): $13 *Vegetarian, Spicy*
· Caesar Salad (Romaine Heart, House Dressing, Shaved Parmesan, House Crouton): $14
· Cucumber Caprese Salad (English Cucumber, Basil, Cherry Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Balsamic, Salt N Pepper): $11 *Vegetarian*
Kids Menu: Served with Fries & Drink
· Cheese Pizza: $10
· Chicken Tender (2 per order): $10
· Mac N Cheese: $10
Additional add-on options include a variety of sauces and vegetables ($4), which can be seen on the full menu in the restaurant and online.
For the brewery aspect, the team has brought in Brendan Breslin, who has eight years of brewery experience under his belt, and most recently worked with Stickman Brews in Royersford, PA. There will be four house beers created by Brendan, with input from the rest of the team, in the brewery they bult in the basement of the restaurant, that includes the Mt Airy Ale, Three Brothers IPA, Toska Hazy IPA and The Brew- Master Bren Lager, all available for $7 individually, or $15 for a flight featuring the 4 house-made beers. In addition to the four house-made brews, they will feature rotating seasonal beers from local breweries such as Victory Brewing Company, Workhorse Brewing, Lancaster Brewing, Troegs Brewing Company, Conshohocken Brewing and Root Down Beer Company.
Additional beverage options at the brewery and restaurant will include wine, available by the glass or bottle ($8-$45) as well as hand-crafted cocktails for $13. The hand-crafted cocktails are include:
· Cold Toddy
· Spiked Ice Tea
· Strawberry Basil Lemonade
· Tropical Paradise Mule
· Gin Basil Smash
· Kentucky Buck
· Bees Knees
· Pineapple Blossom ($10)
The restaurant will also feature a daily happy hour, taking place from Monday through Friday from 4-6 p.m., as well as Friday and Saturday from 10 p.m.-midnight. Happy Hour specials include $2 off house beers, $8 cocktails and Wood Fired Wings, Corn Ribs and Hand Cut Fries for $8, Caesar Salad for $11, and Toska Burger for $16. Additional events to expect in the future include Live Music, Game Nights and much more!
Töska will be open Friday and Saturday’s from 11 a.m.- midnight, and Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m.- 10 p.m.
If you like what I do, throw me a coffee or a stiff drink!
I’m a *REAL* person and your support means the world to me!
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.