Cooks Who Care, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting the mental health and well-being of food and beverage industry workers, has partnered with The Pineapple Club, the informal community and platform helmed by River Twice Co-Owner Amanda Ruckerand Her Place Supper Club Chef/Owner Amanda Shulman, to hold an online fundraising raffle through Thursday, March 30 with amazing culinary experiences as prizes.
This newly-debuted fundraising raffle supports the print edition of Cooks Who Care Community Cookbook: Entertaining for Mental Health (Philly Edition), which released digitally in December of 2022 and includes numerous recipes and home entertaining ideas for cooks of all skill levels and learning styles. 100% of proceeds from book sales will benefit a community fund that will provide mini grants for food service workers in the Greater Philadelphia Region who are in need of mental health support.
Raffle prizes have been contributed by some of the most exciting restaurants, bars, and businesses in the area. Please see below for a list of current raffle participants and their donated prizes.
● Amina: Ghosts in America Culinary Tour Dinner for Six with Chef Darryl Harmon and Filmmaker Chef Ashbell McElveen (value $500)
● Camuna Cellars and MFW Wine Co.: Wine Bundle (value $225)
● Cornerstone Bistro: Wine, Cheese, and Oyster Pairing for 7 at Chef’s Counter (value $1,120)
● Ember & Ash: Chef’s Table for Six (value $525)
● Fishtown Pickle Project: Learn How to Pickle Class (valued at $135)
● Forsythia: A Day in the Kitchen with Chef Chris Kearse + Special Dinner for Two (value $200)
● Her Place Supper Club: Chef’s Counter for Two (value $150)
● Holy ‘Que Smokehouse: BBQ Lesson from Pitmaster Tom Peters (value $500)
● June BYOB: Dinner for Two (value $110)
● Le Caveau: Two Spots at the April Study Group (value $130)
● Liberty Kitchen: Sundee Gravy Private Dinner with Chef Matt Budenstein for Fourteen Guests (value $1,400)
● Malvern Buttery: Two Tickets to Malvern Buttery’s June Dinner at Rushton Farm (value $250)
● Oloroso: Chef’s Counter for Two With Wine Pairings (value $400)
● Pocono Organic: Mini-Mushroom Farm Grow Kit (value $40)
● River Twice: Chef’s Counter for Seven (value $1,115)
● Roxanne BYOB: Dinner for Two (value $170)
● Small Oven Pastry Shop: Pastry Class for Six (value $300)
● Stereo Flavors: Branding, Logo, and Website Design Package (value $5000)
Additionally, there is also a massive gift card bundle up for raffle that includes gift certificates from local hotspots and fan-favorite destinations including (but far from limited to) Juana Tamale, Oyster House, and Vernick. More gift cards are being added to the bundle over time, so those interested should check regularly for updates. More raffle items may be added as well, pending further donations.
“The industry is incredibly blessed to have people like Amanda Rucker and Amanda Shulman, people who are willing to step up and make a difference, but this is just the beginning,” said Cooks Who Care Co-Founder Chef Maria Campbell, “We need all the support we can get to keep building momentum and enacting change.”
Support this great cause by purchasing a raffle ticket!
If you like what I do, throw me a coffee or a stiff drink!
I’m a *REAL* person and your support means the world to me!
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.