Stratus Rooftop Lounge, Philadelphia’s premier rooftop experience and night spot located on the 11th floor of the Kimpton Hotel Monaco in the heart of Old City, is continuing its Women’s History Monthcelebrations with the fourth installment of Women’s Way Wednesdays, a series of weekly pop-ups held in collaboration with Sisterly Love Collective, slated for Wednesday, March 22 from 5:30 – 8pm.
This latest event will see Chef Kiki Aranita of Poi Dog and Chef Olga Sorzano of Baba’s Bucha and Baba’s Acid Trip team up for a collaborative menu of vibrant bites utilizing respective sought-after products Poi Dog Katsu sauce, Poi Dog Chili Peppah Water, and Baba’s Acid Trip kombucha vinegars.
Women’s Way Wednesdays brings together the Philadelphia area’s top tier culinary and beverage talent to celebrate their talent and standing success, but also to benefit Women’s Way, Philadelphia’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of women, girls, and gender and racial equity. 100% of proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the Women’s Way as well as a portion of purchased featured cocktails, brews and wine. Aranita and Sorzano’s menus for Women’s Way Wednesdays are below.
Chef Kiki Aranita:
- Oxtail Adobo – Baba’s Acid Trip Raspberry Lime vinegar, Poi Dog Guava Katsu sauce, and garlic, served over rice and topped with a mussel
- Tequila Lobster & Corn Seaweed Soup – finished with a splash of Baba’s Acid Trip Grapefruit vinegar
- UFO Musubi – Lebanon bologna, Baba’s Acid Trip kombucha vinegar sushi rice, furikake, Poi Dog Chili Peppah Water
Chef Olga Sorzano:
- Slow-Roasted Pulled Pork – Poi Dog Katsu BBQ Sauce, pineapple salsa with Baba’s Acid Trip Pear-Ginger vinegar
- Lamb Kebab – Poi Dog Chili Peppah Water, sumac, Baba’s Acid Trip Raspberry Lime vinegar-marinated onions, and haydari
- Revani Turkish-Style Semolina Cake – Soaked in Baba’s Acid Trip Grapefruit vinegar simple syrup
- Raspberry Tequila Sunrise – Cocktail with Baba’s Acid Trip Raspberry Lime vinegar
Attendees can also look forward to an array of pastries and baked good provided by Mardhory Santos-Cepeda of Kouklet Brazilian Bakehouse, the acclaimed bakery on East Passyunk Avenue. Additionally, local artist Tanqueray Hayward will be lending her electrifying vocals and stage presence for the evening.
Imbibers attending one or multiple Women’s Way Wednesday events can select from a host of featured craft cocktails utilizing women-owned distilleries, wines by the glass from women winemakers such as Anna Clifford and Kristin Barnhisel, and local brews from Love City Brewing, Triple Bottom Brewing, and Attic Brewing Company. Additionally, during each weekly pop-up, the featured chef will present a brief but interactive discussion on their backstory, accomplishments, and insights on success in their respective business while allowing time for a Q&A with the crowd.
Tickets for each Women’s Way Wednesdays event are $35 per person, are all-inclusive, and come with a complimentary beverage ticket. Tickets are available to purchase HERE.
If you like what I do, throw me a coffee or a stiff drink!
I’m a *REAL* person and your support means the world to me!
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.