Black is Beautiful is a collaborative effort amongst the brewing community and its customers to raise awareness for the injustices people of color face daily and raise funds for police brutality reform and legal defenses for those who have been wronged.
The collaborative Black is Beautiful beer is a 10% ABV Imperial Stout that will be brewed at participating breweries in Philadelphia and South Jersey.
Participating breweries pledge to:
Participating local breweries (so far) include:
– Two Locals Brewing (black-owned) – Philadelphia
– Love City Brewing – Philadelphia
– Axe & Arrow Brewing – Glassboro, NJ
– Double Nickel Brewing Co. – Pennsauken, NJ
– Three 3’s Brewing Company – Hammonton, NJ
– Tonewood Brewing – Oaklyn, NJ
– Zed’s Beer – Marlton, NJ
Black is Beautiful was started by Weathered Souls Brewing Company, an independent San Antonio, Texas-based craft beer brewery. With beer being brewed by African American Head brewer and co-owner Marcus Baskerville.
More info as it becomes available.
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.