The Vintage Syndicate (TVS) will be donating a portion of all proceeds from the sales of TVS Select Knob Creek Bourbon Barrel to relief efforts in the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
Have a drink for a good cause Monday, September 25-Sunday October 1, 2017, at any of their locations: Vintage, Time, Heritage, Bar, Tiki, Garage Fishtown & Garage Passyunk.
These US territories have taken back to back direct hits from category 5 hurricanes (Irma and Maria) in a two-week period. They have received very little coverage in the national media with most of the media coverage dedicated to the damage and suffering on the mainland United States.
Whiskey Release Week had already been planned as a company-wide kick off for TVS Select Knob Creek Bourbon Barrel prior to the hurricanes so “… it only makes sense for us to raise money and awareness for these underrepresented locations” says owner Jason Evenchik. This story has struck close to home with several staff members having friends and family in both locations.
Chef de Cuisine of Time, Jose Rivero, said “I was on the phone with my Father in Puerto Rico on Tuesday night when the phone cut out. That was a long night!” He luckily made contact with his family Wednesday afternoon and while everyone is safe, there is a long road to recovery ahead.
St Croix native Patrick Iselin, Director of Operations of TVS, said “I have spent all day trying to get details about the state of affairs on St Croix. Facebook has proven to be the only real source of information as I have seen little to no detailed news coverage in any media outlets. It’s doubly frustrating because it was the same story after Irma 2 weeks ago.” Many of the people Iselin has been in touch with say this feels a lot like the aftermath of Hurricane Hugo in 1989, which he remembers all too well. USVI relief efforts are further hindered due to the fact that Puerto Rico had been involved with many relief efforts in the USVI after Irma, but now they will need to focus inward after Maria.
Wednesday, September 27th – Time (1315 Sansom St) timerestaurant.net
- The marquee event for Release Week is at Time, in the newly renovated upstairs lounge, where VIPs will attend a Beefsteak Dinner and devour meats and sides from Executive Chef Mackenzie Hilton. Dinner will be accompanied by potions featuring TVS Select Knob Creek Single Barrel, neat pours, lectures, raffles, and giveaways.
- Tickets will be limited, so only the ones who care to indulge from 6:30-10:00pm, dressed in their best cocktail attire. Tickets are $100. Click here for tickets.
- All are welcome downstairs for live jazz and food, or in the whiskey bar, for a chance to try TVS Select all night.
Monday September 25th – Garage Passyunk (1231 E Passyunk Ave) garagephilly.com
- Stop by for the monthly Industry Night to enjoy $10 neat pours and a $7 cocktail made from the “TVS Select”
- Avery beers will be $1 off.
- #indacart, pop-up food cart, will feature Chefs from The Vintage Syndicate serving dishes from Vintage Wine Bar & Time Restaurant.
- As always, the party is from 7pm-12am DJ’s spinning and an all-around party vibe throughout the night.
Tuesday, September 26th – BAR (1309 Sansom St) barphiladelphia.com
- The Oldest Old Fashioned- TVS Select neat for $10
Thursday, September 28th – Tiki (102 S. 13th St) tikiphilly.com
- Tiki Buck – TVS Single Barrel, pineapple, ginger, sugar, orange bitters
- Taco & Wing specials for the game.
- Packers vs. Bears, at 8:25pm on the big screen on the deck.
Friday, September 29th – Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro (129 S. 13th St) vintage-philadelphia.com
- TVS Select Cocktails- Sazerac, Manhattan, Boulevardier, Old Fashioned
Saturday, September 30th- Heritage (914 N 2nd St) heritage.life
- $10 neat pour
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Beers
- Food Specials
- College Football on our new TV’s
Sunday, October 1st- Garage Fishtown (100 E Girard Ave) garagephilly.com
- Cocktails & neat pours
- Eagles @4pm
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.