Fifty food trucks and restaurants roll into Mt. Airy this Thursday night (September 17, 2015) for Street Fare: Sip, Savor, Stroll from 6:00pm to 10:30pm.
The annual fall festival will feature sweet, salty and savory plates, plus cold sips, on Germantown Avenue (between Sedgwick Street and W. Mt. Airy Avenue). Children and adults of all ages will enjoy free activities and entertainment, artisanal crafts, and live music from School of Rock, ReLive, Hennessey Bonfire, Bethlehem & Sad Patrick, Philly Bloco and The Band Sheep.
Last year the event attracted 15,000+ hungry attendees, the largest audience ever.Street Fare will pair award-winning mobile food vendors with notable local restaurants for a night of street eats, craft brews, handcrafted cocktails and wine. Vending spaces long sold out with a waiting list in place for the popular event. The full list of eateries and the dishes/cuisine they will be serving includes:
- Bonjour Creperie – Sweet and savory French crepes
- Calle Del Sabor – Voted Philly’s best tacos by Zagat
- Chef Donte’s – Delicious dishes fresh soul food
- Curbside Creamery – Ice cream waffle cones, waffle bowls and ice cream cookie sandwiches
- Dos Hermanos Tacos – Authentic Mexican street food
- Dump-N-Roll – Hot and delicious spring rolls and dumplings
- Earth Bread + Brewery – Local craft-brewed beers
- Eat-a-Pita – Pick your own pita
- Farm Truck Philly – Farm to table style, seasonally inspired street food. Eclectic menu and accommodates gluten free, vegan, vegetarian
- Festival Food Management – Chicken tenders, french fries, funnel cake, lemonade and other beverages
- Delicias – Venezuelan delicacies
- Foolish Waffles – Made-to-order gourmet waffles – sweet or savory, always delicious
- Gigi & Big R – Caribbean Soul Food- jerk chicken, friend chicken, fried fish, oxtail- fresh veggies, greens, cabbage, string beans, red beans, mac n’ cheese and candied yams
- Hai Street Kitchen & Co. – Urban Japanese-casual, sushi burritos
- Herb Scott Catering – North Carolina pulled pork and pulled chicken sandwiches
- Jerry’s Kitchen – Modern American food with options for carnivores, vegans, vegetarians, and gluten-free eaters
- Jyoti Indian Bistro – Authentic Indian cuisine
- Ka’Chi – Korean tacos with bulgogi, michi rice balls, chicken banh mi style sandwich, and rice bowls with self-serve homemade sauces
- Lil Pop Shop – Ice-cream and non-dairy popsicles
- Luscious Bakery – Brunch inspired foods from European and American cafes
- Mac Mart Cart – Mac n’ cheese with gourmet toppings
- Matt’s Food Truck – Bite sized sandwiches jam-packed with flavor
- Milk + Sugar – Fresh-baked and made from scratch sweets.
- Mompops – All-natural popsicles
- Mucho Bueno – BBQ with a Mexican flare
- Oink and Moo BBQ – Everything is made from scratch – the meat is rubbed and smoked in the truck for 14 hours; All recipes are original and items in season are sourced locally
- PB and Jams – All items will use our handmade nut butters, locally sourced handmade fruit spreads, locally baked bread, and local bacon from 1732 Meats
- PBandU – Homemade all-natural peanut butter creations, including sandwiches, roasted peanuts, peanut butter snacks, shakes, and smoothies
- Pbons Fresh Phood – Philly-based mobile “phood” truck traveling to local streets, events and the suburbs of Philadelphia. Serving crab cakes, egg sandwiches, sausage grillers, nauti skewers and smores
- Philly Fry – French fry creations for everyone to enjoy
- Phoebe’s BBQ – Pulled pork, beef brisket, and all the sides
- Rigtoni’s Mobile – Crab cakes
- Samosadeb LLC – Samosa chicken tikka, mango lassi, Thai iced tea, pakora
- Scratch Biscuits – American comfort food
- Say Cheese – Handcrafted gourmet meltiness on wheels
- Smokin’ Tacos – Fusion of Southern Barbeque and Tex-mex cuisine
- Streetside BBQ – Classic BBQ
- Sum Pig Food Truck – Gourmet comfort food including buffalo chicken nachos, smoked chicken parfait and pork roll fries
- Surf and Turf Truck – Specialty lobster rolls, marinated steak with cheese and tomato on bun
- Sweet Box Cupcakes – Artisan cupcakes
- Sweet Lavender – Simple yet sophisticated desserts
- The Cow and The Curd – Fried Wisconsin cheese curds
- The Daily Press’d – Panini, soups and salads with a modern spin on classic Italian flavors
- The Flying Deutschman – Authentic German cuisine
- The Pizza Wagon Catering Co – Mobile pizzeria
- The Tot Cart – Gourmet tater tots with gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options available
- The Whirly Pig – Taking pork sandwiches to a higher level with roasted whole hog, Cubans, BLTs, Pork Belly, pork cheesesteak and a roast duck sandwich with cheese fries.
- Trolley Car Diner – Hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, chips, and beer
- Undrgrnd Donuts – Fresh, made-to-order gourmet donuts
- Weckerly’s Ice Cream – Ice cream inspired by fresh ingredients
- Zsa’s Ice Cream – Small batch ice cream, sorbet, and ice cream sandwiches that feature local ingredients including dairy from Trickling Springs creamery and house made inclusions & baked goods
On top of delicious eats and drinks, families can play or relax inside the Family Activity Zone outside of Mt. Airy Presbyterian Church, located at the corner of Germantown Avenue and Mt. Pleasant Ave, between 6:00pm and 8:00pm. Festival goers can also shop for artisanal crafts at the tables organized by Renaissance Craftables. Five bands will also provide music to dance in the streets from two main stages along the festival route.
Street Fare: Sip, Savor, Stroll is presented by Mt. Airy USA, with support from the City of Philadelphia Commerce Department, Penn Medicine Chestnut Hill, Rapid Recovery at Caring Heart Rehabilitation and Nursing, East River Bank, PFCU, Electrical Wizardry and Mid Atlantic FX and others. Thank you also to promotional partners Weavers Way Co-op, MilkCrate, WHERE Magazine and Aversa PR & Events.
Admission for Street Fare is free, with food and drink pay-as-you-go. Twenty-one and older with identification to drink. For event updates and additional information about Street Fare, visit gomtairy.com, call 215-844-6021, follow @gomtairy #stfaremtairy on Twitter and like “GoMt. Airy” on Facebook.
Food enthusiast. Travel lover. Social media maven.
Independent Journalist. Food marketing/PR expert.