As Thanksgiving approaches, many of us are busy preparing for a day of gratitude and good food. Whether you’re hosting a large gathering or having an intimate dinner with loved ones, no holiday celebration is complete without festive refreshments.
Fine Wine & Good Spirits has you covered with a lineup of delightful cocktail recipes from a punch that serves a crowd to a dessert-like cocktail with ice cream. Let’s raise a tasty toast to the upcoming holiday season!
Chai Old Fashioned (November Cocktail of the Month)
- 2 oz Maker’s Mark Straight Bourbon
- 2 dashes bitters
- 2 oz chai simple syrup*
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- Q Club Soda
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Star anise, for garnish
- Dehydrated lemon wheel, for garnish
- Combine first four ingredients in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick, star anise and dehydrated lemon wheel.
*Chai simple syrup: Boil 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add 4 chai tea bags, cover and steep 12 minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in 1⁄3 cup maple syrup. Boil, without boiling over, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
A Thyme for Thanks (Serves 2)
- 2 plums, peeled and chopped
- 4 Tbsp thyme simple syrup*
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- La Marca Prosecco
- Plum wedges, for garnish
- Thyme sprigs, for garnish
- Muddle the first three ingredients in a shaker; add ice.
- Shake and strain into wineglasses.
- Top with prosecco.
- Garnish with plum wedges and thyme sprigs.
*Thyme simple syrup: Simmer 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add 6-8 thyme sprigs. Simmer for several minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 3 hours. Discard sprigs. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Bountiful Sangria Punch (Serves 6)
- 750-mL bottle Dark Horse Sauvignon Blanc
- ⅔ c Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 allspice, whole
- Fig wedges
- Pomegranate pearls
- Mint sprig, for garnish
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Coarse sugar, for garnish
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large pitcher; stir and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Rim wineglasses with cinnamon and sugar mixture; add ice.
- Pour into prepared wineglasses.
- Garnish with mint sprig.
Chilly Gobbler (Serves 4)
- 2 oz Disaronno Amaretto
- 2 oz Wild Turkey Bourbon
- 4 c butter pecan ice cream
- ¼ c milk
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Caramel sauce, for garnish
- Pecan, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients, except for garnishes, in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into rocks glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream, caramel sauce and pecan.
And always remember to please enjoy responsibly.
Fine Wine & Good Spirits is run by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board to provide alcohol-based products to the people of Pennsylvania. Visit finewineandgoodspirits.com to learn more.